PURPOSE: Ford’s Chapel United Methodist Church encourages the use of its facilities by responsible community groups and organizations whose purposes are consistent with those of the church. All persons interested in using the church need to follow the policy outlined below. Inquiries and reservations must be made through the church office, which can be reached at 256-721-0639, Ext. 101, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The user must accept and abide by the terms of this Facilities Use Agreement.
- Any individual, group or organization using any part of the facility is responsible for any required set-up and clean-up of all facilities and equipment. Tables and chairs may be moved around to suit group requirements. However, they must be returned to their original positions. Materials, pictures, posters, decorations, bulletin boards, etc. are to be left in place. If any group fails to return the facility to the normal configuration, or fails to return the furniture and/or equipment to the proper storage area, or fails to clean all facilities used as requested, the group will forfeit the deposit of $200. This applies to all users.
- The user shall be responsible for turning off all lights and for locking all outside doors and windows at the conclusion of the function.
- Failure to cooperate with these procedures will be taken into consideration when the group requests use Ford’s Chapel for future events and/or group meetings.
TERMS OF FACILITY USE AGREEMENT
- The use of alcoholic beverages and/or illegal substances on Ford’s Chapel property is forbidden. Smoking is prohibited within Ford’s Chapel facilities, including the pavilion.
- There will be no gambling activity of any kind at any time.
- Pianos must not be moved.
- Ford’s Chapel assumes no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to persons or property using Ford’s Chapel facilities. This is the sole responsibility of the user individual, group or organization. Assurances as to adequate insurance coverage for these potential risks may be required by Ford’s Chapel. The responsible person and/or user group will be held liable for damage other than normal wear and tear to Ford’s Chapel facilities and property.
- All users are expected to protect church facilities and property from damage and loss.
- If equipment is damaged and/or does not function properly, the Ford’s Chapel Office should be contacted, in writing if possible.
SOUND SYSTEM / TECHNOLOGY USE GUIDELINES
- The sound system and equipment may be operated only by Ford’s Chapel-approved sound technicians. Under no circumstances may ANY of the sound system or technology (including use of TVs, computer for power point/slideshows, microphone, and music) be used without an approved sound technician provided by the office or wedding/funeral coordinator.
- Fees for the services of the sound technician are already included in the Wedding and Funeral Fees. If a technician is needed for a Single-Use event, prior reservation of tech services is required. Fees will be set by the technician, with a minimum of $75.
AREAS AVAILABLE FOR USE
- Gathering Room
- Worship Center
- Kitchen –Kitchen Use Guidelines are posted in the kitchen and must be followed.
- Lower Level Classrooms
- Playground and Nursery Areas – Children and youth must be under adult supervision at all times. Area is monitored by cameras.
$200 fee, plus $200 security & key deposit
The deposit will be returned if key is returned and facility is left undamaged, cleaned, and restored to original or better condition and set-up. There is no sound technician or use of tech equipment included.
$400 fee, plus $100 security & key deposit (Mandatory fee covers cost of coordinator and technician, whether used or not.)
*Funeral fees waived for Ford’s Chapel members
$800 fee, plus $200 security & key deposit (Mandatory fee covers cost of coordinator and technician, whether used or not.)
There is a separate policy for weddings. Please contact church office for details. (email@example.com)